Celebrating life stories...



This memorial is sponsored by:

Ryan and Lisa Taylor (Jaden\'s daddy and mommy)

Memorial created 04-23-2008 by
Veronica Wallace----- Hunter's mommy
Hunter Cole Wallace
November 23 2002 - December 24 2004

Gabriel Chase was born by C section on 6/23/2006. He weighed 6 pounds and 1 ounce and was 17 1/2 inches long.

From the moment he was born I did not let him out of my sight.  I only released him into the arms of the nurses for periodic weight checks and blood tests and pediatrician exams.

We got to take our little baby home 2 days after his birth. Things seemed fine. Nursing was difficult because Gabe didn't have a very good suck/swallow reflux, so I had to divert to bottles.

By a few weeks old I began to notice the same symptoms in Gabriel as I had in Hunter. So I wasted no time in getting him into see the doctor. The doctor in turn referred us to the same surgeon that Hunter had. Gabe was failure to thrive and when he did eat during the day he would only consume about 5-10 ounces a day. He was loosing weight. So our surgeon brought up the subject of G tube placement and nissan wrap (for the reflux that Gabriel had) All of this was so familar. It felt like dejavu.

In September of 2006 Gabe had the surgery for G tube, the wrap, circumcision, hernia repair. The surgery was supossed to take 5 hours but my husband and I were called back to the conference room after only 2 hours. There was a complication. They believe that Gabe has a condition called Malignant Hyperthermia. During surgery Gabriel's heartrate, pulse and temperature went up in a matter of seconds. So the surgeon had to finish what he was doing and close him back up. They immediantly sent him to the PICU. He remained there for 5 days. A few weeks later Gabe had to go back into the operation room so the surgeon could finish the rest of the surgery. This time everything went fine.

In April of 2007 Gabe had to have his G tube turned into a GJ tube because he was continuing to throw up his food and meds. And he wasn't gaining weight any more. After that was done we seen amazing progress with Gabriel. He finally began to gain some weight. He started to make more sounds and interact with us more. It was like I got a different child.

In March 2008 Gabe was back in the operation room due to severe reflux and vomiting. The surgeon had to redo his nissan wrap and take out his GJ tube and put in a regular G tube.

Now Gabriel is 22 1/2  months old and he weighs 26 pounds and is 30 inches long. He can't talk, crawl, roll over, or even hold up his own head. But I will continue to fight for him. I am not giving up. And I believe that his brother Hunter is truly Gabriel's Guardian Angel.

 To find out how Gabriel is doing, please go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/gabrielwallace


What a funny face!!

Gabriel got glasses when he was 7 months old due to small blood vessels and nerves in his eyes.  In this picture he is just over 1 year old.


Thinking hard!

Gabe is always so full of different expressions.


Playing the drums

Gabriel got a set of bongo drums for Christmas. He loves music, now he can make his own.

I love music!!!!!!!!!


DOB 6/23/2006



Being silly after a dose of versaid (a drug that makes a person relax before surgery

October 30, 2007

Gabriel getting ready for the surgery to insert tubes in his ears.


Grandpa Mark holding Gabriel on Christmas 2007.

"Like I said, I love music!!!"

Please sign the guestbook for Hunter by clicking here

This page has been visited 101204 times


Honor, cherish and share your loved one's story.


About VM    ::    FAQ    ::    Create    ::    Terms of Use    ::    Privacy Policy    ::    Resources    ::    Contact
Copyright (1996-2015) Virtual Memorials Inc. All rights reserved.